Our submissions department is currently OPEN.
Please follow the guidelines below if you would like to submit your work to us.
PLEASE NOTE: Unfortunately we are unable to accept submissions from outside Australia and New Zealand.
We are NOT currently looking at submissions for: fantasy (Adult or YA), sci-fi, stage/screenplays, poetry, self-help books, children’s picture books, early reader books, comic books, short stories, cookbooks or translations.
To submit to us please email email@example.com according to the following guidelines:
· In the subject line of your email please put:
o YOUR NAME – MANUSCRIPT TITLE – FICTION/NONFICTION – GENRE.
o Example: JRR TOLKIEN – THE LORD OF THE RINGS – FICTION – FANTASY.
· In the body of the email please include a 300 word covering letter that includes the total word count and title of your manuscript. Make sure you include your contact details: address and phone number as well as any pertinent biographical information, such as former publications or any special knowledge or experience that is relevant to the book. You are welcome to address your covering letter to The Submissions Department.
· As attachments to the email please prepare a short synopsis (maximum 2 pages) and the first 3 chapters of your manuscript. If your chapters are short and you would like to submit more material we are happy to look at the first 50 pages. Please attach these as two separate documents, in Word or Pdf format.
A few helpful hints to make your submission easier:
· Please only send sample chapters through if your manuscript is complete.
· Our preferred format for submissions is double spaced, Times New Roman, with 30mm margins. If in doubt, simple and readable is what we like.
· Please only send the attached file types (Word or Pdf) as other file types will be deleted on receipt.
· We are no longer accepting hard copy submissions, so please do not post us your manuscript as it will be recycled.
We are currently taking between 2-10 weeks to assess submissions. We do not offer specific comments on the manuscripts we reject and we do not charge a reading fee.
If we are interested in representing you we will contact you to discuss it and explain our standard agreement that sets out the author-agency relationship. As with all reputable agencies, it is based on taking a commission on income from projects that we represent.
Please note that we are taking on very few new clients at this time. If you need further information on submitting to agencies or publishers, you could try contacting the Australian Society of Authors in Sydney or your local State Writers’ Centre.
Links to some useful resources can be found here.